Honoring 3+ Years with Persephone ๐ŸŒน


Happy Imbolc! 

Today marks my 3 year anniversary of *officially* dedicating myself to Persephone and the path of Paganism… although I’m pretty sure I’ve been following Her across lifetimes.



On February 1st, 2020, I put on my aunt’s white Confirmation dress and walked barefoot to the forest to say some vows. That night, I went to a CUUPS ritual for the first time. I was this nerdy gay preteen, thrilled and absolutely terrified. I remember coming home and being like, MOM, THERE WERE REAL LIFE PAGANS. I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE. It was, to this day, one of the happiest moments of my life. 

I know there are folks out there who have been Pagan for decades, but three years is a long time when you’re growing up. It means that the Theoi were there for awkward middle school dating and Zoom school; They’ll be there when I get my driver’s license, when I graduate from high school, when I go off to college. That’s crazy to me.

 Today I’m simply grateful for community. I’m grateful for the CUUPS group that practically raised me. I’m grateful for my Persephone people, Suz and Layla- three of us in one area?! I’m so lucky. I’m grateful for all the kickass queer Pagan teens in my life- I thought I’d never meet you all. Do you have any idea how lonely it was to be a 13 year old Hellenic Polytheist lesbian at a Catholic school? 

More than anything, I’m grateful for The Two Goddesses. Persephone- You are the love of my life. I hope You enjoy the flowers. Demeter- You are my divine mom and my rolemodel and I will never stop talking about You.

 


Oh look, I’m tearing up. 

I’m so damn lucky. 


Brightest blessings on your path.

Rose Eleusis ๐ŸŒน


Comments

  1. One of the things I'm most excited about watching you is that you're not just showing other teens that there's paganism, or even the Two, but that devotional polytheism is a thing, and that it can be done with or without witchcraft. I literally didn't realize that for YEARS when I first found paganism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I’m so glad that I found out about it and met some other devotional polytheists. When I was first starting my path, I thought there was something wrong with me because I wasn’t called to witchcraft. Several times I would be like, “Persephone, I’m going to finally make myself learn magic,” and She would be like, “I didn’t call you to practice magic. I already have plenty of witches; I called you to do priestess work.” And I was just left scratching my head, trying to figure out what was going on and why I was more interested in the Theoi than in spells and crystals and herbs. I’m so glad I found your Intro to Hellenism class, because devotional polytheism is such a radically different way of viewing the Gods and the world than mainstream Paganism. I was very lonely for a while and I’m just overjoyed that there are more of us out there.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts