I Have Seen The Maiden


Have you ever experienced Persephone as an inferno of raw and crackling power? When every inch of your soul aches for Her, when you’re drunk on desire for your Goddess? 

Sometimes I just want to dissolve in my Dread Queen. On the rare occasion that I experience Her like this, She takes my breath away. Persephone scares me senseless. 

So I wrote this poem in the pages of my journal. I don’t think it could even begin to capture Persephone’s power. 

Dear girl,

did you think you know me? 

Hades bride,

Demeter’s daughter?

I am six scarlet seeds,

the moon above the trees,

the stolen might of Greece,

the story that sets you free.


I am the flower of the grave-

Do not be afraid.

My womb is the cave

of the damned. 

I am Persephone.

You resurrected me

from the footnotes of history.


I am The Daughter no longer. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts