A Poem for Persephone

When Persephone appears to me, I often encounter Her in the height of Her power. One night, I woke at 3AM with a sudden urge to write a poem. Whether it was divinely inspired or just plain crazy, I felt Persephone's presence very strongly. I don't have intense spiritual experiences like this all the time (thank goodness) but they're one of the greatest joys of forming a relationship with the Theoi. I feel beyond grateful for that night, an opportunity to grow closer to my Goddess. 

Dear girl,

did you think you know me? 

Hades bride,

Demeter’s daughter?


I am six scarlet seeds,

the moon above the trees,

the stolen might of Greece,

the story that sets you free.


I am the flower of the grave-

Do not be afraid.

My womb is the cave

of the damned. 


I am Persephone.

You resurrected me

from the footnotes of history.


I am The Daughter no longer. 


Copyright 2022

Feel free to share devotional poetry in the comments!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts